We are always looking for the next generation of life savers.
Download Application Here or fill out the online form.
We have full time and Per Diem openings available immediately for qualified EMR, EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic candidates in Johnson and Newport, VT.
We offer competitive wages based on experience, Health Insurance, 7 % no match required 401K and vacation, sick and personal time. We also offer a retention bonus after one year of employment.
Newport Ambulance Service Inc. is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.
- Must be currently certified by the National Registry of EMT’s and the State of Vermont.
- A current Vermont Enhanced driver license is required with clean driving record.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to pass criminal, MVR, OIG, and VT sex offender background checks.
- Must have the following certifications within 6 months of hire:
- ICS 700, 100, 200
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Training. (EVOC or similar)
- Hazardous Materials Awareness Course (within 6 months of hire)
- Current Healthcare Provider BCLS Provider Card.
- Must have good communication skills, and always conducts oneself in a professional manner when dealing with patients, family members and co-workers.
- Must be a “self-starter” and be able to follow direction.
- Clean, complete uniform mandatory for each shift.
- Must complete SIREN documentation accurately and in timely fashion.